AC Resins Deep Crystal Cast epoxy resin is a transparent casting epoxy resin system specifically designed for deep casting, being ideal for resin river tables, casting, embedding and potting. AC Resins Deep Crystal Cast provides an extended pot life with a low exothermic reaction, making it suitable for casting more significant and thicker parts. Deep Crystal Cast resin has minimal bubbles with excellent bubble dispersion and low shrinkage, allowing for ease of use.
Pot Life 280 mins
Shelf Life Recommended to use the resin within 1 year after opening bottles; stored away from direct sunlight and kept in cool, dry environment.
Cure time: 48 – 72 hours (varies depending on thickness)
Casting no less than 50mm up to 100mm per layer.
- Excellent UV inhibitors
- Water -White in colour
- Excellent clarity and Transparency
- Low Viscosity and Low Exotherm
- Low VOC’s
- Slow Curing and Good mould flow
*Please read all instructions before starting!
AC Resins Deep Crystal Cast is a 2:1 ratio by volume resin system (2:1 – Resin: Hardener by Volume or 100 Resin to 43 Hardener by Weight). Measuring and mixing must be accurate to achieve the best results. The ratio cannot be changed as this will result in the resin not curing correctly and/or lower the physical properties.
- Prepare your mix and pouring surface and ensure your area has proper ventilation. If you are using a mould, ensure the mould is clean and dry, with a coat of release agent.
- Pour 1 part of Hardener into your mixing vessel, add 2 parts of Resin and either use an electric drill with a paint mixing attachment or a clean mixing stick. If you are using the drill, mixing thoroughly for 2 or 3 minutes scraping the sides of the container to incorporate any unmixed resin. If you are using a mixing stick, thoroughly mix for 5 minutes constantly scraping the sides.
- The resin can be tinted with our AC pigments or mousses, metal pastes or metallic powders to make your pour vibrant. We recommend adding 2-5% of colour to resin. *We do not recommend adding alcohol inks to resin* IF you use alcohol inks in resin DO NOT use a flame to remove bubbles, as alcohol is flammable.
- AC Resins Deep Crystal Cast will provide a hard casting suitable for the manufacturing of fancy shapes, decorative items, embedding, river tables, etc. Once the resin is mixed and poured into the mould gently pass warm air from a heat gun or butane torch on lowest setting, this will assist in the removal of any bubbles generated during mixing.
- Allow the resin to settle and continue to fill as required.
- You will have 280 minutes working time before the gelling stage.
SDS is also available on request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy.
DISCLAIMER: Please ensure you read the SDS & TDS thoroughly & carefully before the use or application of any Aussie Camphor’s products. Aussie Camphor does not accept any liability either directly or indirectly for any losses that arise from the use or application of the product in accordance with any advice, specification & recommendation given by the companies’ documentation or representatives at any point in time. Application, performance & safety data may change from time to time. It is the user and/or applicators responsibility to ensure they have the latest copy of any document.